Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Filter on Multiple Values

ACharChar
7 - Meteor

Hi! I have a workflow using an Alteryx Application allowing the user to multi-select values filtering the dataset further. Currently, I'm using a "Basic Filter" with an operator set to "equals" which filters the data set based on a value. If the end-user selects one value, the filtering works properly, but what is the configuration for multiple values - similar to an "IN" function in SQL. 

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi - so you can use listbox to dynamically filter  on multiple fields but it has to be connected to an action tool. I do not believe you can get a concatenated string of listbox values out of the action tool to use in a contains or in  function....

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ACharChar 

You should be able to achieve what you need with the below set up (I have also attached the workflow).

What you need to do is update the Generate Custom List part of the list box to create a comma separated list like:

Image 1.png

Update the filter to use an in statement in the custom option:

Image 2.png

And lastly update the action tool to change the list bit of the in statement:

Image 3.png

ACharChar
7 - Meteor

@JoeS, that did the trick! Relatively straightforward. I hope others find this beneficial, I searched the community extensively for a solution. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@ACharChardid you get @JoeS 's strategy to work? My expectation was that would solve your problem but in practice it wasn't working for me.

ACharChar
7 - Meteor

@apathetichell , it did work on the first try. 

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@apathetichell wrote:

@ACharChardid you get @JoeS 's strategy to work? My expectation was that would solve your problem but in practice it wasn't working for me.

Hi @apathetichell 

What is it that's not working for you? Did you want to post up your workflow?

Labels