Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Filter & Join

nakamott
8 - Asteroid

I have a huge tail of tools coming off my workflow and want to know if this is an opportunity for a batch macro? I am new to batch macros but think this might be where I finally apply them. Attached is a screenshot of this ugly tail, please let me know if I am thinking correctly and what tools I should research.

EDIT: The join is on a primary key ID

ayxtail.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Why not just use 1 join tool and use vwsfmc_date = query_date  ?

From the screenshot, that's exactly what you're trying to do.

nakamott
8 - Asteroid

Sorry, to give more information, I am joining on a primary key ID, not the date.

The filter is by date and comparing two separate data resources.

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

So join on the ID and the date ?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @nakamott 

Like @cmcclellan said, your ugly tail is logically equivalent to a single join tool configured like this

Join.png

Dan 

nakamott
8 - Asteroid

Hi @cmcclellan  and @danilang  thank you for your responses. I tried joining on the primary key and the date as you suggested and it worked. I was able to get the results I am looking for by summarizing after the join, grouping on date and counting on the primary key. Thank you both!

Capture.PNG

Labels