Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Filter - New Data

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

Dear Experts,

Note: Below data in Sheet A and Sheet B both are separate spread sheet for your easy reference I have given on single spread sheet with multiple tabs

How to apply filter for multiple headers / Fields in the Sheet A Filter the Data from "C1 to I1" - Price 1-Jan / Price 2-Jan/Price 3-Jan/Price 4-Jan/Price 5-Jan/Price 6-Jan/Price 7-Jan

details and then that details should be join with Sheet  B "C1 to I1"details - Rate 1-Jan / Rate 2-Jan / Rate 3-Jan/ Rate 4-Jan/ Rate 5-Jan/ Rate 6-Jan/ Rate 7-Jan

and final output should be referring the tab name 'Output Required for Jan'

Name Jan Price 1-Jan Price 2-JanPrice 3-Jan Price 4-JanPrice 5-JanPrice 6-JanPrice 7-Jan Rate 1-JanRate 2-Jan       Rate 3-JanRate 4-JanRate 5-JanRate 6-JanRate 7-Jan

Likewise, next month if I run the workflow it automatically taken the data only for Feb the respective months rest of the month details to be ignored 

8 REPLIES 8
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @STAR1BANU,

Do the newest months data is always in the same column? If yes my solution will work.

Emil_Kos_0-1615187164745.png

I am using dynamic select to take into consideration the first 10 columns. 

[FieldNumber]<10

If the data sets are always the same and you don't have any reference for the newest month or date it will be hard to provide you with a solution that is fully automated. 

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot it help somehow practically  however month on month  it should be pickup the next month details and join and give the output for this i need solution 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @STAR1BANU,

How we can know which month we need to pick up? This file structure is changing month over month or it is always the same?

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

If we are running the report for Mar 2021 the details pick the Mar details from Sheet A and Sheet B then combine give the output.

If we are running the report for Apr 2021 the details pick the Apr details from Sheet A and Sheet B then combine give the output.

The column I means headers wont changed eveymonth but the numbers only changed

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @STAR1BANU,

How the workflow should know if I am running it for April. When I am running it in April it is may so I just need to dynamically filter for the previous month? 

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

How the workflow should know if I am running it for April. When I am running it in April it is may so I just need to dynamically filter for the previous month? 

Can you help me with the dynamic filters for the previous month 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @STAR1BANU,

This will show only the data for the previous month:

In order to select the correct columns, I am taking into consideration only the first column or the previous month data. 

[FieldNumber]=1 OR Contains([Name], DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),-1,'month'),'%b'))

Emil_Kos_0-1615194974041.png

The output:

Emil_Kos_1-1615195032456.png

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

Awesome this is what I need - Thanks a lot for your prompt response👌

Labels