Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Field Input for Standard Macro

Bonediggler
9 - Comet

Experts - 

I am building a macro to be used during workflow development that will evaluate whether the measures at the beginning of the workflow are the same at the end (i.e. detect if something went awry in between).  So basically have 2 inputs (beginning measure values and end measure values), compare the 2, output the results and throw an error if they don't line up.

Easy enough - however I would like to be able to adjust the measures I am feeding the macro based on the workflow.  So if I need to compare member count in one workflow and dollar amounts in another, or some as yet undetermined measure in a future workflow - I need the macro to process whatever I give it. 

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for the help!

(Apologies, due to company policy I cannot share anything on the forums.)

2 REPLIES 2
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Bonediggler,

So it sounds as though you want the user to select which columns from each data set you want them to compare? I can mock up an example but just want to get a better understanding of it first. So if the values aren't the same do you want to output the differences or just let the workflow error out?

Regards,

Jonathan

seven
12 - Quasar

@Bonediggler 

This is a big challenge. Crew has made a good pass.

Expect Equals in Crew Macros 

Expect Equals on Youtube 

seven_0-1588964609963.png

Labels