Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Email

Al3XE16
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Hoping someone can help, however, Im unsure if what I want to do is even possible, although most things in Alteryx are...

Ive created a workflow that connects to the Trello API where I monitor progress against delivery of tasks. Updates are due on a set day each month, currently when this date is missed myself and colleagues attempt to contact these individuals via email. 

I would like to set something up in Alteryx that can dynamically configure who hasnt replied and then needs an email reminder and then sends an email. 

The thing to point out is that the people that may miss the deadline will be different each month and I want it to be fully automated.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
GrahamL
8 - Asteroid

Hi there

This all sounds possible providing the Trello API gives you the data to determine the email address of those who haven't provided an update. I'm not familiar with the Trello API but the configuring and sending of an (unsecured) email is certainly possible using the Layout, ReportText and Email tools in the Reporting palette. You can even embed a chart showing project/task progress and embed that in the email if required.

If you can share a sample workflow that connects to the Trello API in this thread, I can use my Trello account credentials and create a sample solution.

Cheers

G

Al3XE16
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

So Trello wont give me their email addresses only there usernames for Trello, however, I know the email addresses of the users and so could create a file in which I match email addresses to usernames?

Ive attached a section of my workflow, removing the key from the connection. However, Ive attached the Trello API documentation, its very easy to understand and thats from someone who doesnt really know what hes doing....

https://developers.trello.com/docs/api-introduction

Thanks for your help.

Al3XE16
7 - Meteor

Hi Gilly, 

Have you managed to make any progress with this?

Thanks

Alex 

GrahamL
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alex

Apologies for the radio silence! I've been flat out on a project this week. I will take a look at the example you posted and get back to you either today or tomorrow!

Cheers

G

GrahamL
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alex

Here is a very quickly assembled version that checks for the latest update date for a card and calculates if it is overdue. It will then compile an email based on a text input mapping of account name to email address in a text input and sends it via an unsecured email server. 

I've also updated the workflow to utilise User variables for the token/key/board etc so click on the Canvas and check out the Workflow tab to update to utilise your trello details. You will need to find an unsecured email server and enter the details in the email tool at the bottom right of the workflow. I've tested the solution using and it all seems to work fine. I started looking at adding a chart but that may be overkill. Have a look in the disabled container if interested. 

Let me know how you go.

Cheers

G

Al3XE16
7 - Meteor

Thanks Gilly this is great, I've amended slightly due to the nuances of what we are doing with Trello but  the way you set up the email I simply couldn't have done so thank you very much.

Alex

GrahamL
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alex

Glad to hear it works for you!

Cheers

G

markford
5 - Atom

When you are developing the website then you can fetch the client email id by sending the newsletter. simply you can use the AOL Mail. AOL Mail is the most popular in the world. if your email is not working properly then, please visit AOL Signup for finding the proper solution.

Labels