Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Email Subject - Error "No Subject"

rwsarisky
7 - Meteor

I am trying to update the subject line of my email by using the "Use Field" option within the Email tool.  I created an [Email Subject] field with a formula tool that will include the current Activity Month/Year and Billing Month/Year based on the workflow run date.  This field is currently being stored as a string and I use the Auto Change tool to adjust the size based on the subject produced in my Formula tool.Email Subject Workflow.png

That being said, I am getting the below error:

Email Subject Error.png

The [Email Subject] field itself does not indicate that it is being truncated in any way; however, it does display with ellipses right before entering the Email tool.  Email Subject Before Email Tool.png

Additionally, the [Email Subject] is readily available within the Email tool to be selected as the Subject.  Any ideas as to how I can combat this error?  I have tried a handful of different things in troubleshooting, but continue to get the same error.

Email Tool Configuration.png

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Does it help if you filter out the null records on row 1?

rwsarisky
7 - Meteor

That would make sense! Trying it now 🙂

ivyrmc
5 - Atom

its great option!

Labels