Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Drop Down with Dates

QuantumViridis
7 - Meteor

I have read through the many similar examples of dynamic drop downs and list boxes, but I am clearly missing something basic in my example.  I have usually built workflows, not nearly as many analytical apps.

• Why does Cross Tab change the formatting whether I pass strings or dates?
  • How do I find the information to troubleshoot when using "Run as Analytical App"? (Such as why isn't data joining?)

Ultimately, in the attached example, I am generating a list of dates and allowing the user to choose one, which would then be used in selecting the right data for the output.

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @QuantumViridis ,

the crosstab tool replaces spaces and special characters with an underscore because it hates me and want to make my life difficult.

I've raised this with Alteryx but currently, that's the way it is. You need to apply a Dynamic Rename to replace the underscores with "-". I've applied this for you:

mceleavey_0-1638467743622.png

You will now get the following:

mceleavey_1-1638467879710.png

As for the debug of Apps, go to your interface designer (View->Interface Designer)

Then go to the window below:

mceleavey_2-1638467955372.png

I hope this helps,

M

Bulien

Labels