Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Detour Around

Jason_
7 - Meteor

Is it possible to set the detour tool checkbox option (Detour to the Right) based on data in the flow with out building a macro?

Use case 1:
I have a complex workflow that other users need to run and change this setting accordingly. I don't want end users tampering with the actual workflow beyond changing the workflow user constants. In this scenario, the user would provide a value in a predefined user constant and I would use that to turn the check on or off in the workflow

Use case 2:
I have workflows that are driven by metadata. Based on the metadata that is passed in at the beginning of the flow, I would like to use the detour control to work around certain segments of code. This method would be used for more sophisticated workflows designed to run on our Alteryx server.

I know this can be done with a macro, but it seems a bit of an overkill to build a special Detour Around macro that I then have to ensure that all end users have access to.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2
Labels