Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Column: Input default zero value if the column not present

rohan146
6 - Meteoroid

Is there any mechanism to have as an output certain predefined columns with zero as default value even if the column is not coming as an output?

Let me explain:-

In my workflow, i am classifying transactions on basis of certain properties.

Based on the properties i am classifying the transactions by assigning some keywords as Lables.

Now i am using Cross-Tab to generate new column names as per these labels.

There are about 10 fixed keywords for these labels.

Based on transaction rules, maybe 7 or 8 or 9 or all 10 labels get picked up.

So the Cross-tab generates 7,8,9 or all 10 columns.

Now my requirement is to have a mechanism to also generate these missing 2 or 3 columns and have value as Zero assigned to these missing columns.

This is the table structure:-

Serial NoNameABCDE
1ABC1020304050
2DEF2468 
3GHI12345
4JKL2233445566
5MNO1234

A B C D & E is list of key words.

Now if the transactions are such that Cross-Tab does not generate columns D & E.

Then the requirement is to still generate columns D & E and assign the values as Zero to all records in this column.

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Do you have a mock-up of what the data looks like before the cross tab?  I'm assuming you have your A,B,C,D,E in a column.  You could do something like have a reference table using a text input tool with all the keywords and have a value column with all zeros.  Then union them to the pre-cross tab data stream and summarize with a sum.  But the way you set that up might differ based on what the data looks like pre-cross tab.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@rohan146 
As @mbarone suggested, we need your desired table schema defined.

A3.PNG

rohan146
6 - Meteoroid

This is why i absolutely love this Alteryx Community.

Best brains working on Alteryx, ever ready to help out fellow community members with any queries 🙂

Labels