Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Duplication Issue

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

i am struggling to achieve this:

i have dataset as per below with duplication values after joining Plan Vs Sales

Untitled.jpg 

And how i achieve this by removing duplicates value and replace either with blank or Zeros as per below

Untitled1.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Mostafa_Anwar 

I have attached a workflow that achieves what you are expecting. Using the Unique Tool you are able to split out the data into two streams, the top 3 in your example (Unique) and the 1 in the bottom flow (duplicate) that we want to amend the plan value for.

From the bottom flow, we then use a Formula tool to manual change all Plan values to be "0". Then you can union your data set back together so you have all 4 records displaying again.

Let me know if this works for you!

Kind Regards

Will

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Mostafa_Anwar 

I realised as I uploaded that, that in fact you want to remove values if Sales are the same. Therefore I have included another Duplicate tool before the other, in order to complete remove that value.

I would suggest confirming in the Duplicate tool that you have set up your configuration to ensure these steps are carried out correctly. Let me know if you have any questions on these.

Will

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Will for your respond,

Basically the provided workflow removed one row For Cisco product as there another Plan value with 90,000 below is the output of the provided workflow So how we can add this plan as well.

Untitled1.jpg

Regards,

Mostafa

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Mostafa,

So in your final output, you still require all 4 rows to remain in the dataset? For the Cisco row that was removed, because it had the same sales value, does this just need to have the Sales figure show "0" as we did with the 2nd HP product in the "Plan" Field?

Thanks

Will

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Yes in order to display the plan value

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have updated the workflow for you to now incorporate the changing of the Sales figure to represent 0 when there is a duplicate value.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Will

Labels