Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Duplicate data in same output just change month

lac
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a workflow that produces an output document (current output shown below). What I would like to do is add an entire set of duplicated data but only change the month number. (future output show below on right)

So my existing workflow provides me data output for month 2 (February)  but I need to report out two months 2 & 3 (February & March) where I want to get to is a two month snapshot (current month & future). The data will be exactly the same except the column for month number.

Can this be done? Trying to get away from manually doing this type of stuff in excel.

Thanks,

lac_0-1615818537428.png

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@lac 

There are a few ways to approach this. See below example using a union tool and generate rows tool. Both options add 1 to the month field and result in the data being repeated.

Luke_C_0-1615819389942.png

lac
7 - Meteor

Works like a charm. Thank you

Labels