Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Duplicate Data Based on Conditionals

cain_m
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I need to duplicate rows based on conditions. 

I need to update all data to 2021 by NAICS, Year, and Size Range. 

Currently

cain_m_1-1646190974421.png

Desired 

cain_m_0-1646190943620.png

Thank you! 

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@cain_m 
I am not certain I get your logic here correctly, just give a try.

0302-cain_m.PNG

cain_m
6 - Meteoroid

I apologize I noticed an error in my question. I've updated the question to reflect my intention. 

The NAICS codes should be no different when duplicating rows. I need to update financial information for each NAICS code, and each Size Range, for the year 2021. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@cain_m 
Like this?

0302-cain_m-r1.PNG

saveeshkumar
9 - Comet

Hi @cain_m ,

Please find the updated worklfow.
I have used same workflow of @Qiu and update the logic... 

saveeshkumar_0-1646195243424.png

Thanks.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @cain_m 

I am still not clear how did you use your input data and arrived at your output data I guess they are not in sync. If they are can you please explain and provide sample files as attachments in the post.

cain_m
6 - Meteoroid

Hello atcodedog05, 

Thank you for your response. 

I'll try to explain what I'm trying to do. I'm adding 2021 industry financial information (net revenue, gross profit, financial ratios, etc.) to a master sheet which will be used to compare industry benchmarks to our clients financial information. Each NAICS corresponds to an "industry" (segment of the construction industry), and each segment in the master spread sheet is either accounting for companies in the Size Range "All" (including companies from 0-1MM to 25MM and Over), as you see with NAICS 3324 and 34121, or breaks down the industry segment into different Size Ranges, as you see with NAICS 32732. 

I've only posted here a small sample of the master sheet because it potentially contains proprietary information that I could get in to trouble for sharing 🙂

Thanks everyone for your help! 

saveeshkumar solved this

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Great to hear it solved 🙂 @cain_m 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels