Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dual Category Rows in Excel

AlexWHW
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I'm sure this is a simple one but I'm new to Alteryx, I have an Excel spreadsheet (attached) that has three rows for category (Main - Total, Age and sex, then 1st drill down for Age and sex - 16-24 etc and Men and Women, and then 2nd drill down for all - 2016, 2017). How do I transpose this so it is ready to go into Tableau?

Thanks for any help, even if its just an example for me to reverse engineer.

Alex 

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

There's a couple problems here, the headers being one and the indentation for a hierachy being the other. 

Also can you be clear on what you believe the output you are looking for should look like, perhaps mock up an example? 

Ben

AlexWHW
7 - Meteor

Hi Ben, I have attached the same file but have made a mock up sheet as an example, dont worry about the total column, I will just get rid of that and let either tableau or alteryx work it out  

AlexWHW
7 - Meteor

solved! 

Christopher2211
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

How can you solve this? I have a similar problem.

Thanks.

Christopher2211
6 - Meteoroid

How to solve it?

Labels