Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DropDown Filter isnt working

Stefbaba7
5 - Atom

Hi! First post here! 

My drop down filter isnt working. Im not really sure why. I cant share the data but i have attached screenshots. The filter wont update with whatever i select when running the app. please help!

Stefbaba7_0-1591196153204.png

Stefbaba7_1-1591196183388.png( The replace a specific string function is active with the phrase that is hardcoded in the filter tool)

Stefbaba7_2-1591196205051.png

5 REPLIES 5
HildebrandoS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @Stefbaba7,

I recommend you try the Debug Workflow option to understand how the selected values are being passed to the Filter tool. I believe that you will be able to find where the problem is.

Best,

Hil

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Stefbaba7 

What's your drop down value?

You need to run this as an app to make it work.

You can check how the value is being replaced by using de Debug option on interface designer.

Thableaus_0-1591197285912.png

Cheers,

Stefbaba7
5 - Atom

hi! I am running the flow as an app. below is workflow debug when i make a selection that isnt the hardcoded option.

Stefbaba7_0-1591197735072.png

it seem like the flow breaks once it hits the filter tool,

Stefbaba7
5 - Atom

when i cross tab my list, it adds "_" to every space, which makes it not match with the data itself. Is their any way to avoid this and not make it happen?

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've mocked up a working example for you. Note slightly different use of the Crosstab tool and dynamic rename to present the correct options to the dropdown.

DavidP_0-1591198468729.png

Labels