community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Drop Down in Excel through Alteryx

Meteor

Hi 

I have a question regarding an output in Excel file. Is it possible if we create a drop down list for Excel file by using any formula/tools in Alteryx? I believe we can do it manually in Excel but what becomes my concern is when we update a new data (which new rows might be added), and the workflow is updated, it causes difficulties in update the drop down list.

Please refer to picture below:

Dropdown Excel.PNG

Hence, i would like to seek any suggestions from this community to help me. Thanks in advance. 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

I would probably go about doing this by exporting to a pre-formatted Excel.  Have a look at this community article below.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-output-to-an-Excel-template-file/ta...

Hope this helps.

Nick

Meteor

Hello @NickC

Thanks for the link but it is not exactly what I want. 

I have tried formatting my Excel file first then run the workflow as what they did in the discussion, but I wonder why they don't update exactly below the row of existing data. Please refer picture below:

Dropdown Test3.PNGOnce updated, it becomes like this ( Zee and Bun already exist in Excel)Dropdown Test2.PNGNew data to update 

What exactly I am looking for is, is it possible to create formula in Alteryx for the dropdown column?

Labels