Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Drop Down Chain App not updating

adrilarotta
8 - Asteroid

Hi Comunity, 

Hi have looked for all the post regarding to this topic but I can't find the answer, I have a chain app with two apps, in the first one I'm generating the file to update the drop down list in the second app, but I can't find the way to update, actually even though I detelete some of the items from the input data it still appears and give results when it shouldn't.

Please help, I'm frustrated with this.

Drop down from the first app

adrilarotta_0-1614736421376.png

Here is consumed by the second app

adrilarotta_1-1614736447371.png

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@adrilarotta 
Maybe something is wrong with the Action Tool.
Can you share the workflow with disclosable data?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @adrilarotta ,

I don't see why this may not be working, can you make sure that the DropdownList file only contains two fields in it, which are named as [Name] and [Value] as shown below

Screenshot 2021-03-03 061821.jpg

The values in the Name column are those that will appear in your dropdown interface tools, whilst the Value column contains the actual values that will be fed into your workflow.

Then as @ Qiu suggested, the issue may be in the action tool, so can you make sure that in there you have selected to only replace the

CALDAS string.

Hope that helps in a way

Cheers,

Angelos

Labels