community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Drive time performance

Alteryx Partner

I'm currently having to get drive time trading areas for around 3k points, the tresholds range form 5 minutes to 240 minutes. One problem that I'm facing is that processing times increase exponentially as we increase the drive time tresholds. To run 30min, 60min, 120min, and 240min took about 57 hours. Is there any tricks to bring this processing time down? 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Ricardo,

This is a tough one because Drivetime is one of the more data processing intensive tools. However, there are a few options you can try to improve the speed: 

• You could use a batch macro and batch through smaller geographies like states, zipcodes etc. This way it will filter through smaller geographies completing that geography before moving to the next geography. 
  • You can also try removing all fields except the spatial fields and the joining them back in after the drivetime. This may speed up the process as there is less data when processing the drivetimes. 

I hope this helps!

Best,

Alteryx Partner

Thanks Jordan, this helps. I moved the process to our server so that the extra cpus could give it an extra kick. 

Labels