Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Drive Time to Multiple Locations Issues

TFelop
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there, I'm new to alteryx and geocoding. I am attempting to calculate drive distances and times (both peak and off-peak) between a set of home addresses and two different locations. The points of both the homes and destinations are mapped just fine. All have the distance between points calculated but some of the records, however, will have drive times to only one destination, both destinations, or neither. Some also only return the drive time during peak hours to one destination but not off-peak. There does not seem to be much of a pattern to which records return "Null" values so troubleshooting has been quite difficult. Ive run my data through the US Geocoder tool so the addresses have been standardized through CASS so I do not think there is an issue there.  Attached is a screenshot of my workflow. I tried to keep it as symmetrical as possible to avoid any inconsistencies. I changed the output of the geocoder to be only lat/long then ran it through the "create points" tool to try to further standardize the data. That may be a bit redundant, not sure. I have also attached the data that's outputted though the final "browse" tool. The first two records are the same home address mapped to each of the two locations, the following two are the next address and so on.

DriveTime Workflow.PNGDriveTime Data.PNG

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In the distance tool, there's a setting for the maximum drive time calculated. If a distance is not within the minute limit set in the tool, then a null result will be returned.

Based on these results, I would guess that you currently have that set to the default of 30. It looks like the null results are on records with large DistanceMiles results, and on record 14 the return route was calculated as 29.99, but the other direction exceeded the threshold. 

Increase this setting and you should see less null results. 

20190830-DistanceMinutesSetting.png

Labels