Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Drill down capability from Summarization tool (Excel user working in Alteryx!)

katieshore
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, all. I am looking for a way to drill down into data that I have grouped using the summarization tool. Essentially, I am trying to replicate the functionality in Excel where you can create pivot tables and then double click a summarized output to see a detailed drill-down on its own sheet in the workbook.

I am working with transaction data that I have successfully grouped by customer and date, and I have calculated the sum of transactions for each day. Now, I want to drill down into those numbers to see all of the transactions that make up that one day's total.

Is there a way to do this in Alteryx? Or would I be better just working in Excel with Pivot Tables?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@katieshore 

It sounds you want a visualization tool more or less.

Alteryx is data processing, not that good at Drilling or visualiazation based on my little experience.

The interactive Chart might be a bit help but not that much I believe.

So maybe Excel is a better option here afterall, though you might want to process the data then output to Excel at its final format.

katieshore
6 - Meteoroid

Very insightful. Thank you!

Labels