Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Drill down ability from Summarization tool?

katieshore
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, all. I am looking for a way to drill down into data that I have grouped using the summarization tool. Essentially, I am trying to replicate the functionality in Excel where you can create pivot tables and then double click a summarized output to see a detailed drill-down on its own sheet in the workbook.

I am working with transaction data that I have successfully grouped by customer and date, and I have calculated the sum of transactions for each day. Now, I want to drill down into those numbers to see all of the transactions that make up that one day's total.

Is there a way to do this in Alteryx? Or would I be better just working in Excel with Pivot Tables?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @katieshore. I am moving your post to our Designer Discussions board for more visibility. 😉

Flávia Brancato
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @katieshore 

While Alteryx is probably the best tool for 3 P's of data science, Preparation, Prediction and Prescription, it is not a top tier visualization tool.  There is no way to perform drill downs of raw data other than the basic capabilities found in the the Insight tool.

Dan

katieshore
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, Dan! This worked beautifully in Power BI!

Labels