Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Drill down ability from Summarization tool?

katieshore
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, all. I am looking for a way to drill down into data that I have grouped using the summarization tool. Essentially, I am trying to replicate the functionality in Excel where you can create pivot tables and then double click a summarized output to see a detailed drill-down on its own sheet in the workbook.

I am working with transaction data that I have successfully grouped by customer and date, and I have calculated the sum of transactions for each day. Now, I want to drill down into those numbers to see all of the transactions that make up that one day's total.

Is there a way to do this in Alteryx? Or would I be better just working in Excel with Pivot Tables?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @katieshore. I am moving your post to our Designer Discussions board for more visibility. 😉

Flávia Brancato
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @katieshore 

While Alteryx is probably the best tool for 3 P's of data science, Preparation, Prediction and Prescription, it is not a top tier visualization tool.  There is no way to perform drill downs of raw data other than the basic capabilities found in the the Insight tool.

Dan

katieshore
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, Dan! This worked beautifully in Power BI!

Labels