community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Drag and drop not working in V10

Bolide

So in V10 you cannot drang and drop csv/yxdb into work space from explorer?

Is this a setting or a new 'feature'?

This was very useful in 9.5

Hi Anthony

It's working fine for me and i was able to Drag and Drop Both CSV and YXDB files into my Alteryx Designer V10

Not sure why its not working for you

can you try the below steps ?

go to Options-->User Settings-->Restore Defaults

then close the designer and try it

Thanks

Bolide

I restarted and it works now - closing Alteryx is like restaring windows for me - i hate closing because I have so many things open at once.

Can we get a CTRL-ALT-DELETE key sequence for v10? :)

BTW I did not restore defaults - again - hate to do that unless very last resort.

Alteryx
Alteryx

When you install Alteryx, the first time you open it up, you will not be able to drag and drop files into it. Just close out the program, and reopen it, and you'll get drag-and-drop functionality back. I'm not sure why this is, but I've done dozens of Alteryx installs, and this has consistently been the case every time!

Alteryx
Alteryx

FYI, we are working on a fix for this issue.

Was there ever a fix to this? I have closed/reopened, and restored to defaults and I still cannot drag and drop. 

Any feedback would be appreciated (: 

Was there ever a fix to this? I have closed/reopened, and restored to defaults and I still cannot drag and drop. 

Any feedback would be appreciated .

Alteryx
Alteryx

There was at least one defect that was fixed quite a while ago, post 10.0. Try upgrading to our latest version, 2018.4, and let me know if this fixes your issue.

Labels