Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Downloading the Excel file (multiple tabs) from the url

Mateusz_Pietrzak
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I am trying to build a tool which will download the file from the URL:

https://www.rbnz.govt.nz/-/media/ReserveBank/Files/Statistics/tables/b1/hb1-daily.xlsx?revision=d729...

I was trying to tweak a solution from the post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Downloading-Excel-File-from-a-URL-and-...

I have used the downloaded file as the template for the Dynamic Input. I was trying to take a List of Sheets and combine it with the batch macro.

But no matter what I do, each time I am getting an error: "Dynamic Input (7) Unable to open archive for unzipping:"

It looks that I have some issues with downloaded file. I was checking what I was able to download and it looks the the file is corrupted. 

Could you please point me where I am making mistake?

Please also note if you need any more details. 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Mateusz_Pietrzak I think we will need information on the configuration of your download tool.

What I would recommend in this usecase is that you create a field which gives a destination for the file, including name and file type.

This function will save the downloaded file as an xlsx, titled 'file' to the same location as my workflow...

[Engine.WorkflowDirectory]+"file.xlsx"

If you don't wish to keep the file you can write it to temp with...

[Engine.TempFilePath]+"file.xlsx"

You can then pass this into your download tool using the 'filename from field' option.

Now of course you may already have done this, but it seems that's as far as I can offer help atm as I can't get the download to work correctly and I get a response 'HTTP/1.1 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable', can you confirm that you get a 200OK header response when you download?

Ben

Mateusz_Pietrzak
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @BenMoss

Thank you for looking into my issue.

Initially I was going to simply download the file as the temporary one, as I did for other tools so far. But without luck.
My first thought was that the multiple excel sheets are causing the problem so I have decided to create a file in a temp location as you suggested.  

I have attached the most recent version of the tool (only the part responsible for download). 

Also I can't recall if I have got any time the 200OK header response but for sure now I each time I am getting 503 error.  But I think that explains why I can't download the file 🙂 

Would be able to advice me what can I do? 

Labels