Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Download using link from a web page

nischalvadari
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to download historical Fx rates from https://lirarate.org/, when you scroll down, there is a trend chart which allows you to download historical data as per different options they provide (YTD is what I am looking for), and there is a button which lets users download the same in different file formats.

nischalvadari_1-1619671930719.png

I want to download the XLS using that button , but there doesn't seem to be an underlying link exposed, that I can use for the download tool. Can someone help me how I can download this file and use for an input to my workflow.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @nischalvadari 

This is not a function that can be handled by the Download tool. The only way to navigate and click on elements is to use a webdriver in Python like Selenium. You can use the Python tool in Alteryx to trigger your webbot to download and output the data. 

Thanks!

Phil

Labels