Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download tool with Qualtrics

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Hi There 

I have been struggling to get rid of an error while using the download tool in Alteryx. I am trying pull some data ( distribution id ) using an API and am using the instructions as mentioned here : API Reference | Qualtrics API Docs, 

on the above link as well as Postman , I have tested and I get the desired result but when i use the download tool in Alteryx using the same credentials (survey id and Token) i get an error message(Screenshot attached). Also attached is the workflow for reference with fake credentials. 

Please help me in figuring out where am i getting it wrong?

Thanks

qualtrics get request runs fine on postman.pngalteryx error screeshot.png

8 REPLIES 8
bharatandalam
8 - Asteroid

Hi @veekay123 

In the input tool add slash and check 

https://iad1.qualtrics.com/API/v3/distributions/

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Thanks for pointing this out Bharatandalam , i added the slash but it still the same error

bharatandalam
8 - Asteroid

@veekay123 

It seems to be a problem with the send date, have you tried omitting the columns to narrow down the error . Try trimming the date.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You are missing sendDate in your Query String/Body along with other parameters. You will want to go into your formula tool and add sendDate as specified by the API documentation: https://api.qualtrics.com/instructions/reference/distributions.json/paths/~1distributions/post 

It looks like you are trying to create a distribution based on your current configuration and the POST selection. If you are trying to do something else you may want to reference the appropriate endpoint and HTTP action. 

BrandonB_0-1624336127229.png

The documentation will show you what values are required in your payload

BrandonB_1-1624336239795.png

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Hi BrandonB , thanks for the response. 

I am trying to get 'distribution id' for which  I am using the GET 'List Distributions' as mentioned here :

Instructions | Qualtrics API Docs

Also for testing i tried adding send date (ven though for this API call , 'senddate' is non mandatory) but the error continues . If you see in the attached image i tried on Qualtrics API 'tryit' window and it shows the result as fine but on Alteryx couldnt get rid of the error. API reference distribution.png

mutama
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @veekay123 ,

Not sure if this helps but I managed to find a Qualtrics connector (see .yxmc file attached). Do try if it works?

Best,

Michael

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Thanks @mutama  for this. This is certainly helpful 

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Hi @BrandonB ,

Your response on this question Solved: Download tool not getting any response when using ... - Alteryx Community also helped me a lot

Thanks

Labels