Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download tool questions

davidogundipe
8 - Asteroid

I would like to automatically download custom staffing reports from from my job's online server and then clean then up in alteryx. In order to download the reports, I would have to specify parameters. Is it possible to do something like this in alteryx? I'm still learning about the capabilities and want to know if this is worth trying. Please let me know. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Good morning @davidogundipe --

Unfortunately, there is not a lot of detail in your question so the answer can be yes or no. As a for instance, does the staffing application allow for any sort of automation? Like does it have an API, or are you directly parsing a SQL database. If there is no API, can one be built?

I think you might get a better result if you provide as much detail that you are allowed too as possible.

Thanks,

Seth

davidogundipe
8 - Asteroid

Hey thanks for your response. I believe the data is being stored in a SQL database, so there's no API. Is this something that I can build myself?

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@davidogundipe --

As long as you are given rights to read from the database, and you know enough SQL to build the SQL query -- yes this is entirely possible.

Seth

Labels