Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download tool: issue with bad requests

Saketh
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx Community,

This is my first post in this community. Excited about that!!

I'm pretty new to alteryx, so anything as a reply makes me feel good. I was working with download tool to check valid URL's out of a 1000 records. I have two issues now,

1. Workflow stops executing other records in the file when it catches an error. 

2. It processed few records before catching an error in which Alteryx returned a status code of 503 of a particular record and to my surprise that URL actually work!! 

Capture.PNG    

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Saketh

WELCOME to the Alteryx Community!

1) Workflow stops executing other records in the file when it catches an error. 

- This is default behaviour and unfortuntely cannot be bypassed. 

2) It processed few records before catching an error in which Alteryx returned a status code of 503 of a particular record and to my surprise that URL actually work!!

- Looking at that error code it seems there may have been a timeout issue with the website or a maximum number of requests may have been reached. I believe it is this because you say some requests were successful but some failed. 

Is that something you can investigate? 

best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

Saketh
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks!

Labels