Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download tool issue taking data from a website

AndrewW
11 - Bolide

I'm trying to download the spreadsheet from these URLs using a download tool: http://www.iso15022.org/download/ISO10383_MIC.xls and http://www.currency-iso.org/dam/downloads/lists/list_one.xml

The error in DownloadHeaders I'm getting from the Download tool is:

HTTP/1.1 407 authenticationrequired
Via: 1.1 10.0.220.25 (McAfee Web Gateway 7.6.0.1.0.20505)
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 09:27:03 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Cache-Control: no-cache
Content-Length: 2379
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Proxy-Authenticate: Negotiate
Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="RegSG_LDAPS"

I researched this further and apparently it was down to firewall and IP issues so I requested permissions/exemptions from IT and apparently they were granted but the message returned remains consistent and I still don't have the file.

When I enter the URLs directly into the browser I don't face any permissions issues, it's only when doing this via Alteryx I'm given the error.

Anyone have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I used the module you uploaded and was able to download both of the files without any issue.

The VIA header like the one you see in the response you posted is added by web proxies. I would continue working with your IT department to get to the root of the problem.

AndrewW
11 - Bolide

I had a feeling you would say that :-)

Thanks for running my workflows and confirming you had no problems.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I don't know if this will work or not but you could try navigating to your Windows Internet Properties and disabling any proxing settings there...

Capture.PNG

AndrewW
11 - Bolide

Good suggestion but everything IT related here is locked down so I can't touch the proxy settings, they're all greyed out.

Labels