Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download tool error 404 (URL works fine in Chrome)

calloni
9 - Comet

Hello

Since this morning one of my main workflows stopped working. It basically uses a URL to download JSON data from an API.

The URL for the current call is the following:

https://publications.iadb.org/en/api/reports/downloads/json?time[after]=2021-03-30%2000:00:00&time[b...

But when I use this in an input+download tools set, then I get a 404 error in Alteryx.

I am adding the workflow attached. I am concerned if this is due to some limitation that IT guys added to Alteryx in the machine, so if someone could test this for me I would appreciate the help.

If the error also happens with you, how can I fix this? This workflow is running for more than an year and never failed.

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @calloni 

The same happens for me.  Works in a Browser, but not in the Download tool.  Since this change happened suddenly, I would look into the possibility that iadb changed the way that the web site handles browserless queries.  

Dan

calloni
9 - Comet

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply. I found out that our server is now under a new layer of protection that requires us to pass an user-agent.

I've added the user agent in the header configuration and now download tool is working.

Rodrigo

Labels