Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download tool - Timeout option missing

Andrew_Paterson
7 - Meteor

I'm using the Download tool to call a REST webservice and expecting back a lot of data. I keep hitting a timeout limit and looking at the documentation I'm expecting to be able to set a time out of 0, but the option itself is missing from the configuration.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? I am still using a trial license while our licenses are progressing, in case that's a factor. Editing the yxmd file in notepad++ and adding the config option results in it being removed upon save.

Alteryx - download.png

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Scott
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Andrew,

The help you're seeing refers to Altyryx version 10.0.9.58949 which was a micro release which fixed a few things and added this timeout option to the Download tool.  From the release note:

10.0 Minor Update – Release date September 26, 2015, version 10.0.9.58949

• Enhancements were made to the Download tool:
    • An issue that could occur when uploading blob data was addressed.
    • The default connection timeout duration was increased to ten minutes.
    • An option to configure the connection timeout duration was added.

You can check which version of Alteryx you're running by looking at Help->About.  I suspect you're using one of the earlier 10.0 builds.  Those had a 15 second timeout on each packet transferred, which for some uses, particularly REST interfaces to databases, could be too short.

Thanks,

Scott Wiesner

Alteryx

Andrew_Paterson
7 - Meteor
Thanks Scott makes sense. I'll check that out tomorrow and confirm
resolved.
lal_jhangimal
5 - Atom

Scott - I'm indeed on an earlier version 10.0.9.58645.  Is there a way to change the timeout setting through some xml config?

I'm started the process to upgrade our machines, but since they are locked down that needs to go through testing and release which could take days, and I'm wondering if there's a temporary workaround.

Thanks.

Labels