Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download report from website

raghusrealm
8 - Asteroid

Can anyone help out to download a report from a website.

here is the link to the website - https://340bopais.hrsa.gov/Reports

Below are the steps that needs to be executed to download the report

1. Once the above link open, click on "Daily Reports" and a dropdown list of report will show

2. Click on "Covered Entity Daily Report" to download the report

3. Save the output file to desktop

Appreciate if anyone can help out on this one.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raghu

14 REPLIES 14
raghusrealm
8 - Asteroid

The download is working as expected and I am able to open the file in Excel.

What I am struggling with is... Unless I open the excel file and save it, I am not able to connect to excel file to input tool and select the sheet name. Is there a work around for this?

G_S
5 - Atom

Hi, check out those GUI automation tools:

https://github.com/alteryx/ui-automation-samples

I'm not sure how those work... didn't have a time to try

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@raghusrealm

IIt might be worth looking into python as it doesn't use excels drivers, I had issues with an xlsb file recently which was solved with python 

raghusrealm
8 - Asteroid

Hi @LordNeilLord 

The workflow that you developed worked perfectly until 2 days back. Not sure what has changed on the website and I am not able to download the file. 

Can you look into this. Any help is highly appreciated.

I have attached the workflow.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raghu

Brando
7 - Meteor

This is neat! Does this download work for any URL? It'd be neat to have a dynamic workflow in my library. - Credits to you LordNeilLord. What a wonder! I wonder if each time this is used, a smalls script generates an email that tells you how awesome you are.

Labels