community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.9

The latest release includes several enhancements designed to improve your Community experience!

Learn More

Download data from Website

Atom

Dear all,

I am a very new user, and i would like to ask help to download data from the following website: 

https://www.investinitalyrealestate.com/it/properties/?tipologia=&rischio=&slp_totale=

Could you please explain me how to download data from websites in order to build clean databases?

Thank you so much

Federico

Nebula
Nebula

hi @fedearca 

The basics of downloading web data is quite simple

Use a text Input to feed a download tool and parse the results into rows.

Solution.pngResult.png

Now the fun part begins where you have to find the rows you're interested in and pull out the data.

Dan

Asteroid

Hi Dan, I have a similar requirement but I am connecting to a web portal (which I have the login details for)

but cannot seem to pass them from the download object, I just get returned the web portal login page.

any ideas would be appreciated

regards

Steve

Nebula
Nebula

Hi @SteveKnapper 

There is no easy way to do this in Alteryx at the moment.  The best I can suggest is to use a cURL script to do the login for you and then parse the results from the script.  Check out this post for an example

Dan

Meteor

hi i have formula below that gets me 1st day of the current month for this year.

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),(DateTimeDay(DateTimeToday())-1)*-1,"days")

how can amend it to bring back 1st day of the current month for last year?

i have tried below option but this brings me back todays date last year... seems i am missing somenthing

DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"Year"),"%Y-%m-%d")

thank you for your help

Nebula
Nebula

Hi @novice1 

The easiest way to get the first of the month is to use the DateTimeTrim function

DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"firstofmonth"). 

Once you have this, Subtract 1 year from it

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"firstofmonth"),-1,"years")

As an aside, post new questions to the community Designer page as opposed to a message in an older post.  More people will see it there

Dan 

Highlighted
Meteor
Thank you. Apologies. Will make sure to do that in the future.

Works like a dream:)
Labels