Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download content from a Confluence internal web site

rneerhout01
7 - Meteor

I have a use case where I need to download some information from a Confluence internal web site. I have a feeling that I need to use the download connector, but I am having problems getting any data from the URL.

I have a Text Input tool with the URL inputted and then that is going to the download connector tool. attached are the screen shots of the Text input tool & the Download Connector tool Basic tab, all other tabs are not filled in.

Text Input ToolText Input ToolDownload Connector Tool (Basic)Download Connector Tool (Basic)

3 REPLIES 3
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hu @rneerhout01

Can you post a screenshot of what the output from the browse tool looks like?

Thanks

Michal

rneerhout01
7 - Meteor

Here is the screen shot from the Browser tool 2018-05-09_12-54-04.jpg

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

The tool downloads all the data (the full html in this case) into the cell called DownloadData. If you select the browse tool, select the DownloadData cell and click the Cell Viewer option, you should see all of this. You will need to parse this out if you'd like to use it in tabular format downstream.

What you may also need to do though is to authenticate as I assume you need a username and a password to access Confluence. If this is the case, here's a post on how it could be done

Labels