Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download a csv file from a URL

cesar_castellon
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am trying to download the following file using Alteryx --- http://www.fhfa.gov/HPI_master.csv

Note that is a bit different from an API and that the URL automatically downloads the file.

I attempted to do this using the download tool and specifying the URL and a file address. 

Capture_11.PNGCapture_11_v2.PNG

However the output file does not contain any data - see below

Capture_11_v3.PNG

Any help would be highly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
RogerS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I just replicated what you did and it worked great.  I'm guessing something is being blocked by a firewall and you might want to try this from outside your network.

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Wanted to chime in and say that I tested and got the expected results as well.

Based on the messages in your csv file, I'm guessing you have to authenticate somehow to leave your network/access the internet?  You may need to configure proxy settings or discuss this issue with your networking team.

cesar_castellon
7 - Meteor

Thank you @RogerS

I have other workflows downloading data from other APIs that work just fine - this is why I figured it wasn't my network

Thank you for your comment

cesar_castellon
7 - Meteor

Thank you @Claje,

Given your message and @RogerS comment, I take that there is some network issue that only kicks in when the url downloads automatically a file instead of connecting to an API

Thank you both

kaianderson
8 - Asteroid

@Claje , could you provide an example of what a proxy setup might look like in Alteryx?

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @kaianderson

Proxy servers are a windows settings and due to this you cannot see them through Alteryx. I would recommend reaching out to your IT team to identify if you have a proxy setup as they'll be better able to assist you.