community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More
We will be upgrading the Gallery to our 2019.4 release this Saturday, December 7th beginning at 9:00am MT. We expect the outage to take last approx. 2.5 hours.

Download Tool

Meteoroid
I have two webservices link:
1) Login page (after successfull login)
2) actual url page (json files)

Can someone please help me, using download tool or any other tool, how to proceed? 1st url for login and after susscessfull login proceed with 2nd url?
Inactive User
Not applicable

Essentially you need to create a two-step process:

You send a request to the API site to get the "authentication" (e.g., a session ID).

You then parse out the "authentication" component from the JSON data received from the API on that request and incorporate that into the URL used in the second Download tool that sends the command to get the detail data you are looking for. (Most APIs have documentation that have examples of how to request the "authentication" component and the GET command for the actual data.) 

I've attached a basic sample workflow that provides the general steps for this.

Meteoroid

Hi Rod,

Thanks for reply, the above code is not working, tried using session id and getting an error message as not authorized.

1) My 1st URL has to login with Janus user id and password (this successful message received - http:200 ok)

2) 2nd URL has web services (Json files).- (This link not working in Alteryx)

Error message for Reference:

Download Data
{"code":"MONETA_ERROR.INVALID_CREDENTIALS","message":"Authentication credentials were missing or incorrect"}

Download headers
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Inactive User
Not applicable

It's hard to tell without knowing the APi.

I assume in the Download_Data in the first response there is a SessionID or something similar that is in the returned value?

If so, you would need to parse that out and then add it into the second GET call (either as part of the URL or in the Header information). Usually it is in a field labeled something like "Authorization" or "Session_ID".

The "Authentication credentials were missing or incorrect" error would indicate that is not in a correct format for that call.

Meteoroid
Spoiler

Hi Team,

I want to download Json files from Webservices, however after successfull Janus authentication Login and password  can connect Json webservices.

Please advise using below details how to connect my web services. (Please share some screenshot or sample Alteryx file)

Attached Janus authentication "download headers" field details

Thanks a lot in advance.

Download Headers
-----------------------
"HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 17:30:52 GMT

Server: JANUS

X-Frame-Options: DENY

Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'none'

Cache-Control: no-cache,no-store,max-age=0

Pragma: No-cache

Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00
GMT
MobilePage: false

Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX; Path=/sso; Secure; HttpOnly;HttpOnly

X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies: none
TransactionId: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Set-Cookie: TransactionId=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;domain=.jpmchase.net;path=/;Secure;HttpOnly

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8"

Labels