Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Download Tool usage

atulggrwl2
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I have one link by pasting it over chrome it downloaded the file directly. So, need your help how to configure that link so i could download that file in alteryx itself and transform it. 

Link :- https://sample-videos.com/csv/Sample-Spreadsheet-1000-rows.csv

Can anyone help me create the workflow routine or direct me how to use it in alteryx.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @atulggrwl2 

Take a look at the attached. The URL is passed into the download tool, then I use the text to columns tools to split the data into rows, as well as split the data into columns. It doesn't look like column headers are included though. 

Luke_C_0-1621970711522.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @atulggrwl2 ,

I've attached the workflow for you.

mceleavey_0-1621970817351.png

mceleavey_1-1621970849178.png

It's worth looking into the parsing tools.

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hey @atulggrwl2 

Here is an approach that downloads the file as a temporary file, passes that file path onto the Python Tool, and the a small python script reads in the data for you. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1621973608469.png

I've attached a sample workflow for you to try. 

Thanks!

Phil

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Since @Maskell_Rascal posted his Python version - I've included an R version. Note - requires you to download the readr package. Note 2- gives you the column headings so it's 999 row - unlike the Python version...

atulggrwl2
7 - Meteor

Thankw for your solution this is the dummy site i have given it to you for download but in acual scenario it is not able to give me any output.

We have some site need login id and password so like if we already signed in google chrome and paste that link that we are able to download 

atulggrwl2_0-1621994306023.png

alucca
5 - Atom

Thanks for these solutions, I solved the problem with my website, how about data recovery, can this do it

venge io

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @atulggrwl2 ,

HERE is a link to a walkthrough guide of how to scrape password protected websites.

I hope that answers your question.

M.

Bulien

Labels