Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download Files from Sharepoint 2013

ardsilva
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I need to download PDF files from a SP site and store it locally using Alteryx. In Sharepoint, I tried to get the UNC path by going to Libraries tab and then click on 'Open in Explorer'. But this gave me a relative path "https://share.xx.net/sites/xxx_xxxxx/Lists/Shared Documents/9.xxxxx/xxxxx" . How do I use this link to download the files using alteryx? Or is there any other better way to do this ?

I am pretty new to Alteryx, so any guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Antony.

23 REPLIES 23
cam_w
11 - Bolide

@DurgaNavya 

In my case, I'm uploading files to SP. And I'm using the 'Run Command' tool to issue a command line command to copy the files.

It should be noted that this solution works in my environment, so your SharePoint environment might not behave the same. We're using a hosted O365 SP environment at this time.

Note - The issue with this solution on the Alteryx Server turned out to be a filewall issue, so others may find that they are able to use something similar to the above on Server if they don't have the filewall issue.

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

This is good and works fine on designer but on trying to move the flow to Alteryx gallery it shows the following issue.

Any help here please ?

erro.png

Thanks

JFurda
8 - Asteroid

This is exactly the point where I'm stuck. My WF runs flawlessly opening files from Designer. I have another WF that opens files from a network location and passes the credentials just fine. 

I receive errors when saving both of the above referenced WF, but the one that opens files from a network location still runs fine. The one that uses a directory tool to open files from SharePoint gives an error. I would think that invalid credentials (that might not have been passed) would result in a different error instead of 'Invalid Directory'. 

Error running from ServerError running from Server

JennyShen
5 - Atom

Dear Matt,

thank you very much for your solution.

I am a new learner for Alteryx, I can use your solution to locate the file, but when I try to download it to a NAS path using the download tool in Alteryx designer, an error pops up saying "the file can not be accessed by the system". how can I go through with it please? I have a permission greanted service account for the sharepoint url, but I don't know how to use it to solve this problem.

many thanks and looking forward to your feedback!

thanks and Regards,

Jenny

Labels