Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download Excel File from Sharepoint

eravelo26
6 - Meteoroid

Hello

I need to download periodically some excel files from Sharepoint to use them as input for different processes. I tried using the sharepoint tool to do it, but it only let me interact with sharepoint lists.

Can someone help me to figure out a way to download those excels with alteryx?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Garabujo7
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @eravelo26 ,

You could do it by syncing the files locally using onedrive sync if they aren't available on a traditional network drive. You could see this Microsoft link for more information about how to do it: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sync-sharepoint-files-with-the-onedrive-sync-app-6de9ede8-5... 

Once the files are synced locally you could leverage them in Alteryx-

Or you could:

1. Add the file location to your file explorer by right-clicking on "My PC" and 'add a network location.'

2. Regarding on the permissions you have been granted on the SharePoint site, you can chose to 'Map Network Drive." This is more efficient for storing files on your laptop.

3. If you have total access to the permissions on your SharePoint site, simply sync it to any location on your local hard drive.

Thanks to @BrandonB and @jacob_kahn because I took previous answers from them.

eravelo26
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks ,

The Sync worked as you said, and for me it is a good solution for now.

I still think there should be a way to download data from sharepoint using alteryx.

Best Regards!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @eravelo26@Garabujo7 

Alteryx just recently released a new connector to read .xlsx, csv and yxdb files directly from SharePoint.  You need Alteryx 2021.2 or higher and SharePoint 365

Note, I've never used this tool myself, but if it actually works as described, it will ease a lot of users' pain. 

Dan

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@danilang wrote:

Hi @eravelo26@Garabujo7 

Alteryx just recently released a new connector to read .xlsx, csv and yxdb files directly from SharePoint.  You need Alteryx 2021.2 or higher and SharePoint 365

Note, I've never used this tool myself, but if it actually works as described, it will ease a lot of users' pain. 

Dan

That's amazing News @danilang 🙂

Labels