Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Double index match in Alteryx

Saraphas
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I am trying to replicate something in Alteryx that I have been able to do fairly straightforwardly in Excel, but can't seem to figure it out 

In my data, Every Project has an overall lead laid out in the column "overall lead", but in certain instances the overall lead also has the role type "data Lead", in those instances I want to create a new column that finds the row with that project's "Lead" role and add that to a new column. 

In Excel, I have created a new column identifying if the Overall Lead is also a Data Lead, and then created a column where I use an index match to find the name of the Lead using a concatenation of Project ID + the "Lead" role - since every project must have a "Lead", there are no errors. 

I can't seem to figure out how to do the same in Alteryx and would be grateful for any support  !

Many thanks, 

Project IDNameRoleOverall LeadData lead is overall lead?New Overall Lead
1Joe Data ManagerDavidNoJenna
1SamData ScientistDavidNoJenna
1JennaLeadDavidNoJenna
1DavidData LeadDavidYesJenna
2HenryData ManagerPaulaNoPaula
2JamesData ScientistPaulaNoPaula
2PaulaLeadPaulaNoPaula
2DennisData LeadPaulaNoPaula
3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Saraphas 

Here is a workflow for the task.

Input:

atcodedog05_0-1602954483515.png

Output:

atcodedog05_1-1602954528704.png

Hope this is the expected output

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Saraphas
5 - Atom

Thank you so much! This works perfectly !

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @Saraphas 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Labels