Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Doing a dynamic BETWEEN with 2 local data sources?

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hey guys 

I'm new to alteryx, and im trying to achieve something similar to the BETWEEN in sql.

I have 2 data sources.
One with Product and Weight - 

And i wanna get the price for that product from a 2. file, that contains a min. weight and a max weight.

Its something like this:

A.Shipment_typeWeight  

Parcel 1 
Parcel 2 
Parcel 7 

Select [Price] from b.price_table where A.shipment_type.Weight BETWEEN B.Min_Weight AND B.Max_Weight 

B.Price_table    
TypeMin WeightMax WeightPrice
Parcel1550
Parcel610100

Any ideas how to achieve this?

3 REPLIES 3
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Hamder83 

On you b. table you can make use of generate rows to split the range into individual rows....here's a good blog on how to use the tool: https://www.thedataschool.co.uk/megan-hunt/alteryx-basics-generate-rows/

Alternatively you can join the tables using "type" as the join field and then use a filter after to mimic the "between" function

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hamder83 ,

I attached a workflow performing what you want if I correctly understood your need.

Basically, it generates the weights in each range, then joins A and B using the weight and keeps the ranges from the B table that matched with A table data.

Don't hesitate to ask for more details.

Have a great day !

Kind regards,

Jean-Baptiste

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

This was excactly what i was looking for. I was thinking to manually enter the weight interval as your Generate row does automatically! 

I highly appriciate the solution 🙂 

Labels