Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Does the Email Tool have an attachment "size limit"?

MJ
8 - Asteroid

Does the email tool have a size limit for attachments? 

Tried searching and could not find anything so asking a new question.

Could be our SMTP server limit, but hoping someone can help me confirm 🙂

The error message in the log goes:  "Error - ToolId 598: Record#1: Email attachments greater than 10MB are not allowed."

Anyone else seen this before?

4 REPLIES 4
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Yes, the SMTP server have limitations... 

MJ
8 - Asteroid

Thought so since I could not find anything on the Email Tool having this limitation.  Thanks for confirming!

Kailu
5 - Atom

Hi dougperez, one more question: I found there was a limitation for the Alteryx email attachment which is no larger than 10MB. I checked our Email exchange limitation which is 50 MB. Is this SMTP limitation controlled by Alteryx? Since I can use the same email account to send email with 20MB attachment. Can we have somewhere to enlarge the limitation? Thanks a lot.

David_Doyle
7 - Meteor

Just ran into this today. This is an Alteryx limitation and not SMTP (unless Alteryx is throttling the SMTP) as I can send emails with greater than 10MB from the same account. I have reports run monthly that send Accounting critical data and they did not receive the attachments via email as the total was just over 10MB. Would love to hear a solution for a work around or if this is something that will be addressed in a later release.

Labels