community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

Does Alteryx has Memory limitation when it loads data through Stored Procedure

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to check with all Gurus here.

When I am running Stored Procedure through SQL server management studio which loads 43211 records in SQL server tables.

But when i run same stored Procedure through Alteryx Post SQL commands its only loading 36217 records.

When i lowered down my input to 30000 then Alteryx loaded all the records into database.

I have 16 GB RAM machine. Does this means Alteryx has limitation of processing large number of records through Stored Procedure.

Nebula
Nebula

@UpendraPandey 

I'm not aware of any built in limits for results returned from stored procedures.  I've returned millions of rows in the Input and Dynamic Input tools.  I don't the use pre- and post-SQL statements often so there may be a limit there, but I would be surprised.

The obvious question, that I'm sure you've already explored before posting is: Are you sure that the SQL executed in SSMS is the same as that executed in Alteryx. i.e. All the parameters have the same values and the input data to your stored procedure is the same in both cases

Dan

Thanks for reply

@Danilang

Yes I did run the same stored proc directly through SQL Server Management Studio and its giving the correct number for Records. But when using the Same stored proc with same parameter in Alteryx its not returning the same number of record.  To identify the where is the actual problem here is what I did.

Actual Input count as 44K, Run through SSMS  Stored Proc(SP) returns 44k but when I run through Alteryx it returned only 36K

Then I reduced the Input count as 30K , Run through SSMS , SP returns 30 K and run through Alteryx returned 30K

Then I increased the Input count to 37K , Run through SSMS, SP returns 37 K and when I run through Alteryx it only return 36K

so I think there is some where memory limitation which is creating this issue. But I am not sure what is happening exactly.

Meteor

hey ,

Is there a way you can try executing the same sql statements through Alterxy (not the whole stored procedure , just the piece of SQL code which you think could be problematic ) and see how many records are returned?

Alteryx Partner

Hi @ram_neel,

Yes you can run a certain piece of query in input data tool configuration, If  you are using odbc or sqlite or any other connection there you see an option of table or query there you can write your custom query, test it and then run it for your desired output.

Thanks.

Hello @grazitti_sapna,

My question was not the one which @ram_neel posted.

Highlighted
Meteor

@UpendraPandey  - I was suggesting that you can try executing the same sql statements through Alterxy (not the whole stored procedure , just the piece of SQL code which you think could be problematic ) and see how many records are returned?

Labels