Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Does Altery Server includes Alteryx Designer

MizunashiSinayu
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone...

I want to ask something simple.

If I purchase the Alteryx Server, does it include Alteryx Designer? Or should I purchase additional designer licenses for my developers/scientists?

Thank you in advance :)

Mizu

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Hi @MizunashiSinayu,

I am an Alteryx partner and re-seller and your question is common.  Each person that creates or modifies a workflow does need a designer copy to work with Alteryx.  Typically, each analyst will have their own copy of the desktop designer and will publish their workflows to the server.  While you can execute the workflows locally on your pc, the server affords you the ability to scale, share, schedule and govern the workflow processes.  Along with these functions, the server allows you to publish analytic apps to the cloud and allow consumers of your analytics easy access to information.

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 8.37.53 AM.png

If I can be of assistance to you, please PM me and I'd be happy to chat with you about Alteryx servers and designers.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

The full answers to this topic are the following excerpts;

Picture1.png

These answers are valid as of August 2016...

Best

Labels