Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Do I need a Iterative or Batch Macro - Help needed please?

sevans
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I really need to find a solution to my workflow. Attached is one part of my workflow and where I need assistance to progress faster. 

In the Container: 1. Lane & Product Selection - Here there are only 3 lanes (there are actually over 3000 lanes to work through).  In Container 2. Data, this is what has been submitted to be processed. Container 3: Comparison Workflow - This is essentially comparing the bids against each other. Then the data is split out into two outputs. 

The Problem: Due to the volume of lanes, if I have to run manually for each lane, it will take a long time to go through. I've looked at possibly using a macro to solve this, however, not really got my head around macros yet and so, looking to the community for ideas/support. 

Can anyone provide a solution to this so that I don't have to manually go through this for each lane? 

Thanks in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @sevans 

A batch macro sounds like it'd be most appropriate. You would use the Lane as the control parameter and wrap the bulk of this workflow into the macro itself. Then you'd feed the list of lanes in and the steps would execute for each lane one by one.

Here's a good starting point to get info on batch macros:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Creating-a-Batch-Macro/ta-p/657923

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@sevans 

Since you mentioned that you really need. 😁
did not touch your processing part.

0624-sevans-1.PNG0624-sevans-2.PNG

sevans
7 - Meteor

@Qiu Thank you very much for providing this solution.. this has immensely helped me to process the files in a much quicker timeframe! It works perfectly for my workflow and really helps to to understand how batch macros can help in future! Thank you once again! 🙂  

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@sevans 

Glad to help and thank you for the kind word. 😁

Labels