Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Distance Tool cannot find TeleAtlas

The_Fray
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am currently doing Weekly Challenge # 32, but the distance tool has an error because it cannot find the Dataset 'Latest:TeleAtlas_US'.

Just curious how I find and add that dataset to this workflow.

Thanks,

Frazer 

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @The_Fray 

The drivetime data "guzzlers" are available for purchase from Alteryx as a part of the Spatial/Location Data package. The install includes the data and methodology that allows Alteryx tools to travel along roadways as an automobile would and calculate the driving time and distance. If you have already purchased this data, it must be installed along with Designer on the machine you're running the workflow on. 

If you're not ready to purchase the spatial data yet, you could complete the practice exercise using linear "Distance Miles" and otherwise build the same workflow for the Challenge.

The_Fray
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, that is great information. Do you know where the link is to find the download for those? I believe my organization has access to them.

Thanks again,

Frazer

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The data and licensing portal can be found here:

http://downloads.alteryx.com/

You'll need the credentials associated with your account to log in. Once logged in, you'll see a link for "Data Packages". I believe it's a part of the "US Business Insights" now. 

Labels