Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Displaying Numbers In a Range

bryan_ram2613
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have been working with ranges and hit a snag. I have played with the generate rows tool to try this but it isn't working for my data set or I am just not using it right. Below is my dataset. The MS-DRG columns are the range that I split out.

DXMDCMS-DRGMS-DRG1
A00006371373
A00106371373
A00906371373

I would like to add another column or multiple columns to display the numbers that are missing. For example, below is what I want. I do have some that show a larger range. 

DXMDCMS-DRGMS-DRG1MSDRG2
A00006371372373

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Best,

Bryan

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @bryan_ram2613 

I've attached a workflow that shows how this can be achieved. It's probably a little over-complicated, but it's solid. Also it names the MS-DRG fields starting with 1 rather than empty, I hope that's ok. I can fixed that if it's an issue. 

bryan_ram2613
8 - Asteroid

@CharlieS Thank you soo much. I used the generate row tool and figured that out as well. Yours works better for the columns names. Thanks again.

Labels