Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Display static webpage

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I want to display a webpage like:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Action/ta-p/35500.

So suppose I have the URL as a field:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Action/ta-p/35500

What steps do I follow to output the static page?  

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
17 REPLIES 17
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ok, this is a bit fiddly but it works.

I'll need to send you a .zip as I'm not allowed to attached it here. Can I send it via IM?

First of all, install node.js

Second, unzip the folder I'll send. You only need to change the following:

Step 1: Open Take_Screenshot.bat and change folder path
Step 2: In the Alteryx workflow , change the run command tool parameters to point at correct location
Step 3: In the Alteryx workflow, amend "ReadOutput.json" filepath

No, you just need to feed your URLs in (you can make this dynamic, obviously, and you should then be able to produce static image outputs:

For MarqueeCrew.PNG

For MarqueeCrew2.PNG

Let me know how you get on.

Bulien

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
anthony
11 - Bolide

@PaulN I was going to say same thing.

Looks like node.js uses  phantomScript = __dirname + '/webshot.phantom.js' so probably no better than using solution provided.

not sure if easy to set screen size in node solution but i think you can set size output in phantom.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Thank you @mceleavey & @SophiaF for finding solutions to the challenge.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
kwooda1
5 - Atom

Can you please share the Configuration details for the formula and the download in the workflow above?

Trying to mirror and make this work: 

kwooda1
5 - Atom

Yes, @mceleavey I would like to download the daily stock price after closing and have the webpage image to output as pdf.  Can this be done?

summarizer
9 - Comet

Thanks so much for this @SophiaF  I tweaked your workflow to fit my problem.  This is going to save my unit countless man/woman hours going forward.

summarizer
9 - Comet

Hi all.  I thanked Sophia for her solution above which allowed me to download the documents from 1611 hyperlinks in 30 minutes - a task that in the past I've done manually (with the help of others) and it was a slow, tedious torture. 

Today, we got an error - and I want to mention it in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread later on.  We have a spreadsheet with hyperlinks - and we want to download each of them to their own PDF.  However, when we first obtain this Excel spreadsheet, they're really just hyperlink text (strings) because we haven't yet activated them to be true hyperlinks.  If we forget to activate them, Alteryx will download one, but then give us an error of "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)".  We just deleted the one entry in our folder, and then created all the hyperlinks, reran and all went smoothly.  Hope this helps someone down the road 🙂

Labels