Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Display locations with latitude and longitude on a map

davidmakovoz
7 - Meteor

I have a dataset with a number of locations, each location has a latitude and a longitude field. I'm trying to figure out how to display a map with those locations marked. I'm finding seemingly relevant bits and pieces, like "Map Input" tool, "Create Points" tool, but can't put them together. Is there anywhere a set of steps explaining how to do this task?

Ok. I found how to do, pretty straightforward. Is there a way to delete this question?

2 REPLIES 2
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Glad you found your answer.

If you could post back the answer that you found (which I'd imagine would be create points then report map tool, or even create points and then just viewing in a browse tool).

You can then mark your post as solved. This will then help anyone else that has this question in the future.

davidmakovoz
7 - Meteor

As I said, it turned out to be pretty straightforward. Input a file with latitude and longitude, then the "Create Points" from Spatial and "Display". A sample workflow is attached

Labels