Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Display Duplicate Records within a Column

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I have a file that contains a column called serial number. The column contain serial numbers that are duplicated. To view the duplicated records, I connected a unique tool and specified serial numbers as the unique field. The output shows the records that are duplicated, but it only shows the serial number once. They have been duplicated two times in the excel file, so why does the output only display one? I would like them to display as many times as they have been duplicated. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Chirag_Gandhi07!

If a value is duplicated, the first record will come out the U side of Alteryx's Unique tool and the rest of the records will come out the D output.

If you want all duplicated records to be separated, try using the CReW macro Only Unique. If you don't already have the CReW macros downloaded, here is the link: http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

If you don't want to download those macros, you could instead use a Summarize to group by and count your unique field values, Filter to keep only the counts greater than 1, then join the T output back to your original source:

InputInput

OutputOutput

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. The Crew Macro worked perfectly!

Labels