Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Discard All columns when the 1st row is Blank or Null

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Hi all, 

I want to Discard all the columns in which the 1st row is null or blank. attached below is a sample. Can someone help me in this. 

I only need the Columns: BBDO Inc. and  BBDO Chicago. in the below sample. rest all needs to be discarded. 

Note: There are 100 fields. So I have to do this dynamically. This is just one sample. 

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 
I would use the sample tool to take the first row then use Transpose to rule out the Null value, which shall be filtered out.

For details refer below.

0109-DataPirate26.PNG

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@Qiu Thanx for the quick response. It worked Fine

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@DataPirate26 , here is another way to do this:

grazitti_sapna_0-1673246919508.png

Sapna Gupta
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 
Glad to know it helps.

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@Qiu @grazitti_sapna Thanx for your quick response. I actually am facing one challenge in this. Basically few of the headers have characters Like "&" , "." in it which are also replaced by "_". when doing a Crosstab. 

Example: "Patients & Purpose"  "Agency.com" . The results are coming like Patients_Purpose and Agency_com. I can replace the "_" with a black space but that doesnt give me the original Headers. Can you help me out so that I can retain the original headers. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 
For this situation, I usually use the Dynamic Rename to bring the Column Name back.

0109-DataPirate26-r2.PNG

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@Qiu Awesome. Thanx for the help and this is a great way to solve this kind of Small issues

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 
Glad to help.

Labels